Decent night for the singers. Another poor night for the judges.
These aren’t necessarily predictions, but rather my opinion of what should happen. I’m pretty confident about the top 4 guys and fairly confident Lauren won’t be eliminated, but the other three I don’t know. A lot of it depends on how whoever was voting for Pia decides to go. (Assuming they keep voting.) Usually at this point in the season we still have a couple of ballad blasting females with Pia was really the only one, so it is anyone’s guess where those votes are going to go.
- 1. James Durbin (1) — Another great performance from a guy who knows how to perform. There is a lot of parody in the field, but James stands out with weekly consistency at a high level.
- 2. Casey Abrams (3) — Casey is a great artist with a charismatic personality. I will be interested to see what kind of commercial success he will have.
- 3. Jacob Lust (4) — One of his best performances to date. It was calm and showed off his range.
- 4. Scotty McCreery (5) — Nice change of pace. Scotty is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you always know what you are going to get, and you always like it, but it isn’t as good as a nice steak.
- 5. Lauren Alaina (6)– Another solid performance from her. She may have hit her ceiling because of her youth and inexperience but she may have a few surprises left.
- 8. Haley Reinhart (9) — She has figured out who she wants to be, and it shows. This was one of her best performances and if she keeps growing she could upset one of the guys.
- 7. Stefano Langone (8) — Good performer, not a strong enough singer.
- 6. Paul McDonald (7) —He has hit his ceiling. He has had a few niche little performances along the way, but he is not going to be the winner of this show. That is not say he won’t sell some records, but his time should be over.